ALUSWIRLER® process for continuous aluminium chips melting.
Consist in chip submersion on molten metal while a mechanical metal pump, electrically driven, is stirring.
When the impeller and shaft set in the pump housing is roated, a strong vortex of molten metal is generated in the vortex chamber.
When fed into this vortex, aluminium chips are rapidly involved and submerged in molten meta, and then are melted instantaneously.
Features of the ALUSWIRLER® system:
- High metal recovery.
- Low specific energy consumption.
- Continuous melting in molten metal.
- Applied sink vortex technology.
- Low residence time.
- Indirect Heating.
- Molten metal temperature uniformity.
- Not salts required.
The treatment in continuous of the chips previous to the melting process requires:
- Skip Elevator of chips baskets.
- Rotary Shredder, to obtain uniform chips size between 10-30 mm.
- Centrifugal Separator, to minimize lubricants and water content, up to 3-5%.
- Magnetic Separator, to eliminate the ferrous parts accompanying the chips.
- Buffer Hopper of treated chips, previous the drying and melting process.
- Related belt and screw convenyors, between the different componets , with variable adjusted speed.
- Rotary Drier, for complete evaporation of lubricants and water, supplying hot chips ready to be melted.